The Grihya Sutras, Part 1 (SBE29), by Hermann Oldenberg, , at sacred-texts.com
1 1-15. On the full-moon day of Âsvayuga milk-rice sacred to Rudra (is prepared).
2. He should offer it with (the Mantra), 'Not to our children.'
3. Let him pour Âgya into milk; this is called a Prishâtaka.
4. Therewith he should besprinkle the cows when they have come home, with (the Mantra), 'May Mitra and Varuna' (Sâma-veda I, 220).
5. That night he should let the calves join their mothers.
6. At the sacrifice of the first-fruits, milk-rice sacred to Indra and Agni (is prepared).
7. Let him sacrifice Âgya with the four (verses), 'To the bearer of the hundred weapons' (MB. II, 1, 9 seqq.),
8. And afterwards with (the verse), 'May Agni eat' (l.l. 15).
9. All of them who have received the initiation, should eat the remainder of that (sacrificial food).
10. Having 'spread under' water, he should cut off two portions of the new fruits.
3, 1. âsvayugîm Rudrâya pâyaso. 2. mâ nas toka iti guhuyât. 3. payasy avanayed âgyam tat prishâtakam. 4. tenâbhyâgatâ gâ ukshed â no Mitrâvaruneti. 5. vatsâms ka mâtribhis saha vâsayet tam râtrîm. 6. navayagñe pâyasa aindrâgnah. 7. satâyudhâyeti katasribhir âgyam guhuyâd. 8. uparishtâd Agnih prâsnâtv iti ka. 9. tasya sesham prâsnîyur yâvanta upetâ. 10. upastîryâpo dvir navasyâvadyet.
11. Three (portions are cut off) by descendants of Bhrigu.
12. Over (these portions) water (is poured).
13. He should swallow (some part of that food) three times without chewing it, with (the Mantra), 'From the good' (l.l. 13);
14. Or at (the partaking of) barley with (the Mantra), 'This barley' (l.l. 16).
15. With (the Mantra), This art thou' (l.l. 14), let him touch the different sense-organs at his head.
16 16-31. The Âgrahâyana ceremony has been explained by the Srâvana (ceremony).
17. Let him (not?) murmur (the Mantra), 'Adoration to the Earth' (see chap. 2, 6).
18. In the evening let him make an oblation of milk-rice with (the verse), 'As the first' (MB. II, 2, 1).
19. Turning downwards his two hands (so as to touch the sacrificial grass) he should murmur (the Mantra), 'In worldly strength' (l.l. 2, 3).
20. Having spread out to the west of the fire a layer of northward-pointed grass, so that it is inclined towards the north, the householder sits down on that layer,
21. (And) the other persons in due order.
22. Then, without an interval, their wives,
11. trir Bhrigûnâm. 12. apâñ koparishtâd. 13. bhadrân na ity asamkhâdya pragiret tris trir. 14. etam u tyam iti vâ yavânâm. 15. amoऽsîti mukhyân prânân abhimrised. 16. âgrahâyanam karma srâvanenaiva vyâkhyâtam. 17. namah Prithivyâ iti gapet (read, iti na gapet?). 18. pradoshe pâyasasya guhuyât prathameti. 19. nyañkau pânî kritvâ prati kshatra iti gapet. 20. paskâd agne svastaram udagagrais trinair udakpravanam âstîrya tasminn âstarane grihapatir âste. 21. ऽnupûrvam itare. 22. ऽnantarâ bhâryâh.
23. And their children.
24. The householder, turning his hands downwards (so as to touch the layer of grass), should murmur (the Mantra), 'Be soft' (l.l. 4).
25. When he has finished that (verse), they should lie down on their right sides. They should turn round three times, turning themselves towards themselves (i.e. turning round forwards, not backwards, and thus returning to their former position?).
26. Let them repeat the auspicious hymns.
27. Then let them do what they like.
28. The eighth days of the three dark fortnights after the Âgrahâyanî are called the Ashtakâs.
29. On (each of) these a mess of cooked food (is sacrificed),
30. And eight cakes on the first.
31. These he should bake in a dish without turning them round.
32 32-33. On the last (Ashtakâ) vegetables (are offered). (So also) at the Anvâhârya (Srâddha).
33. Let him sacrifice with (the formula), 'To the Ashtakâ Svâhâ!'
23. putrâs ka. 24. nyañkau pânî kritvâ syoneti grihapatir gapet. 25. samâptâyâm dakshinaih pârsvaih samviseyus tris trir abhyâtmam âvritya. 26. svastyayanâni kuryus. 27. tato yathârtham syâd. 28. ûrdhvam âgrahâyanyâs tisras tâmisrâshtamyo ऽshtakâ ity âkakshate. 29. tâsu sthâlîpâkâ. 30. ashtau kâpûpâh prathamâyâm. 31. tân aparivartayan kapâle srapayed. 32. uttamâyâm sâkam anvâhârye. 33. ऽshtakâyai svâheti guhuyât.
415:1-15 3, 1-15 = Gobhila III, 8 (3 deest).
416:16-31 16-31 = III, 9 and 10, 1-17 (29 deest).
417:32-33 32, 33 = IV, 4, 17. 21.