The Aquarian Gospel of Jesus Christ, by Levi H. Dowling, , at sacred-texts.com
Consecration of Jesus. Mary offers sacrifices. Simeon and Anna prophesy. Anna is rebuked for worshipping the child. The family returns to Bethlehem.
1. Now, Mary took her son, when he was forty days of age, up to the temple in Jerusalem, and he was consecrated by the priest.
2. And then she offered purifying sacrifices for herself, according to the custom of the Jews; a lamb and two young turtle doves.
3. A pious Jew named Simeon was in the temple serving God.
4. From early youth he had been looking for Immanuel to come, and he had prayed to God that he might not depart until his eyes had seen Messiah in the flesh.
5. And when he saw the infant Jesus he rejoiced and said, I now am ready to depart in peace, for I have seen the king.
6. And then he took the infant in his arms and said, Behold, this child will bring a sword upon my people, Israel, and all the world; but he will break the sword and then the nations will learn war no more.
7. The master's cross I see upon the forehead of this child, and he will conquer by this sign.
8. And in the temple was a widow, four and eighty years of age, and she departed not, but night and day she worshipped God.
9. And when she saw the infant Jesus she exclaimed, Behold Immanuel! Behold the signet cross of the Messiah on his brow!
10. And then the woman knelt to worship him, as God with us, Immanuel; but one, a master, clothed in white, appeared and said,
11. Good woman, stay; take heed to what you do; you may not worship man; this is idolatry.
12. This child is man, the son of man, and worthy of all praise. You shall adore and worship God; him only shall you serve.
13. The woman rose and bowed her head in thankfulness and worshipped God.
14. And Mary took the infant Jesus and returned to Bethlehem.