The Zend Avesta, Part II (SBE23), James Darmesteter, tr. , at sacred-texts.com
1 2. Hail to Ahura Mazda! Hail to the Amesha-Spentas! Hail to the Moon that keeps in it the seed of the Bull! Hail to thee when we look at thee! Hail to thee when thou lookest at us!
2 3. Unto the Moon that keeps in it the seed of the Bull; unto the only-created Bull and unto the Bull of many species;
Be propitiation . . . .
3. Hail to Ahura Mazda! . . . .
4. How does the moon wax? How does the moon wane? . . . .
5. We sacrifice unto the Moon that keeps in it the seed of the Bull . . . .
6. And when the light of the moon waxes warmer . . . .
7. I will sacrifice unto the Moon . . . .
8. For its brightness and glory . . . .
9. Yathâ aha vairyô: The will of the Lord is the law of holiness . . . .
10 4. Give us strength and victory! Give us welfare in cattle and in bread! Give us a great number of male children, praisers [of God] and chiefs in assemblies, who smite and are not smitten, who smite at one stroke their enemies, who smite at one stroke their foes, ever in joy and ready to help.
11. Ye gods of full Glory, ye gods of full healing, let your greatness become manifest! let your assistance become manifest as soon as you are called for! and ye, Waters, manifest your Glory, and impart it to the man who offers you a sacrifice.
Ashem Vohû: Holiness is the best of all good . . . .
[Give] unto that man brightness and glory, . . . . give him the bright, all-happy, blissful abode of the holy Ones.
355:2 § 1 = Mâh Yast, § 1.
355:3 §§ 2-9 = Mâh Yast.
355:4 §§ 10-11; cf. Yt. XXIV, 6-8.