The Holy Quran, tr. by Yusuf Ali, , at sacred-texts.com
90. Inna Allaha ya/muru bialAAadli waal-ihsani wa-eeta-i thee alqurba wayanha AAani alfahsha-i waalmunkari waalbaghyi yaAAithukum laAAallakum tathakkaroona
90. God commands justice, the doing
Of good, and liberality to kith
And kin, and He forbids
All shameful deeds, and injustice
And rebellion: He instructs you,
That ye may receive admonition.
91. Waawfoo biAAahdi Allahi itha AAahadtum wala tanqudoo al-aymana baAAda tawkeediha waqad jaAAaltumu Allaha AAalaykum kafeelan inna Allaha yaAAlamu ma tafAAaloona
91. Fulfil the Covenant of God
When ye have entered into it,
And break not your oaths
After ye have confirmed them;
Indeed ye have made
God your surety; for God
Knoweth all that ye do.
92. Wala takoonoo kaallatee naqadat ghazlaha min baAAdi quwwatin ankathan tattakhithoona aymanakum dakhalan baynakum an takoona ommatun hiya arba min ommatin innama yablookumu Allahu bihi walayubayyinanna lakum yawma alqiyamati ma kuntum feehi takhtalifoona
92. And be not like a woman
Who breaks into untwisted strands
The yarn which she has spun,
After it has become strong
Nor take your oaths to practise
Deception between yourselves,
Lest one party should be
More numerous than another:
For God will test you by this;
And on the Day of Judgment
He will certainly make clear
To you (the truth of) that
Wherein ye disagree.
93. Walaw shaa Allahu lajaAAalakum ommatan wahidatan walakin yudillu man yashao wayahdee man yashao walatus-alunna AAamma kuntum taAAmaloona
93. If God so willed, He
Could make you all one People:
But He leaves straying
Whom He pleases, and He guides
Whom He pleases: but ye
Shall certainly be called to account
For all your actions.
94. Wala tattakhithoo aymanakum dakhalan baynakum fatazilla qadamun baAAda thubootiha watathooqoo alssoo-a bima sadadtum AAan sabeeli Allahi walakum AAathabun AAatheemun
94. And take not your oaths,
To practise deception between
With the result that someone's foot
May slip after it was
Firmly planted, and ye may
Have to taste the evil
Of having hindered (men)
From the Path of God,
And a mighty Wrath
Descend on you.
95. Wala tashtaroo biAAahdi Allahi thamanan qaleelan innama AAinda Allahi huwa khayrun lakum in kuntum taAAlamoona
95. Nor sell the Covenant of God
For a miserable price:
For with God is (a prize)
Far better for you,
If ye only knew.
96. Ma AAindakum yanfadu wama AAinda Allahi baqin walanajziyanna allatheena sabaroo ajrahum bi-ahsani ma kanoo yaAAmaloona
96. What is with you must vanish:
What is with God will endure.
And We will certainly bestow,
On those who patiently persevere,
Their reward according to
The best of their actions.
97. Man AAamila salihan min thakarin aw ontha wahuwa mu/minun falanuhyiyannahu hayatan tayyibatan walanajziyannahum ajrahum bi-ahsani ma kanoo yaAAmaloona
97. Whoever works righteousness,
Man or woman, and has Faith,
Verily, to him will We give
A new Life, a life
That is good and pure, and We
Will bestow on such their reward
According to the best
Of their actions.
98. Fa-itha qara/ta alqur-ana faistaAAith biAllahi mina alshshaytani alrrajeemi
98. When thou dost read
The Qur-ān, seek God's protection
From Satan the Rejected One.
99. Innahu laysa lahu sultanun AAala allatheena amanoo waAAala rabbihim yatawakkaloona
99. No authority has he over those
Who believe and put their trust
In their Lord.
100. Innama sultanuhu AAala allatheena yatawallawnahu waallatheena hum bihi mushrikoona
100. His authority is over those
Only, who take him as patron
And who join partners with God.