The Grihya Sutras, Part 1 (SBE29), by Hermann Oldenberg, , at sacred-texts.com
1. We shall state the rules of conduct for a Snâtaka.
2. Another (may observe those rules) optionally.
3 3. Dancing, singing, and playing musical instruments, let him neither perform himself nor go (to see or hear it).
4 4. Sing, however, he may at his pleasure, for there is another saying, 'He sings either or he rejoices in (other people's) singing.'
5 5. If everything goes well, he shall not go by night to another village, and shall not run.
6 6. He shall avoid looking into a well, climbing up a tree, gathering fruits, crawling through narrow openings, bathing naked, jumping over uneven ground, using harsh language, looking at the sun while it is rising or setting, and begging. For there is a Sruti: 'After he has bathed, he should not beg. For he who bathes, drives away from himself begging.'
7. If it rains, he shall go without an upper garment, and shall say, 'May this, my thunderbolt, drive away evil.'
8. He shall not look at himself in water.
9. Agâtalomnîm vipumsîm shandham ka nopahaset.
10. Let him call a pregnant woman 'viganyâ' (one who will give birth to a child);
11. An ichneumon (nakula), sakula;
12 12. A skull (kapâla), bhagâla;
13 13. A rainbow (Indra-dhanu, Indra's bow), manidhanu (the jewelled bow).
14 14. A cow that suckles (her calf) he should not point out to another (person).
15 15. Let him not void urine or excrements on a ploughed field, on uncovered ground, or while rising up or standing.
16. He shall wipe himself with wood that has fallen off by itself.
17 17. He should not wear a dyed garment.
18. He should be fixed in his intentions, protect everybody's life, and be everybody's friend, as it were.
317:3 7, 3. Comp. the similar rule given in the Buddhist Vinaya, Mahâvagga I, 56.
317:4 Satapatha Brâhmana VI, 1, 1, 15.
317:5 If no accident happens that makes his going to another village necessary.
317:6 The passage of the Sruti quoted is found in the Satapatha Brâhmana XI, 3, 3, 7. Comp. Vasishtha XII, 2, 10, 25; Gautama IX, 32, 61, &c.
317:12 Gautama IX, 2 1.
318:13 Gautama IX, 22; Vasishtha XII, 32. 33; Âpastamba I, 31, 18.
318:14 Gautama IX, 23; Âpastamba I, 31, 10.
318:15 Gautama IX, 38; Vasishtha XII, 13; Âpastamba I, 30, 15. 18. Before easing himself, he shall first cover the ground with grass or the like.
318:17 Gautama IX, 4; Âpastamba I, 30, 10.