1. Before you can enter the temple of consecrated light, you must purify your soul and body during thirteen days.
2. As a brother and disciple of the new covenant, or as a Christian, you must receive the Holy Sacrament for the glorification of the three kings--Caspar, Melchior and Balthasar.
3. Three holy masses must be read as often as you make use of this book in your priestly service with your intention fixed upon the three glorified kings.
4. You must provide yourself with a ram's horn, wherewith to call together the angels and spirits. This horn must be included in your intentions of the holy mass.
5. You must wear a breastplate of parchment, ten inches high and ten inches wide, inscribed with the names of the twelve apostles with the five-fold name of Schemhamforasch, in the same order that it is placed on the last leaf.
6. You must draw a circle around you upon white paper, or upon sky blue silk. Its circumference shall be thirteen feet, and at the distance of each foot, one of the following names must be written: Moseh, Messias, Aaron, Jehova, Adoni, Jesus, Christus, Caspar, Melchior, Balthasar. AI. AI. AI.
7. Between each name you must place the holy symbol of Horet: or .
8. The breastplate must be included in the intention of the holy mass.
9. Through consecration with holy three king's water and with three burning wax tapers, you must finally pronounce a benediction over this book, the horn, the breastplate, and the circle, after reading a well-selected mysterious ritual.
10. You may enter alone, or begin this great work with two companions, by day or night, but always from the first to the thirteenth of the month, and during the thirteenth day, and through the whole night of the new moon, and also during the full moon, when the three planets, Saturn, Mars and Jupiter, are visible in the heavens on the day of exorcism, either singly or together.
11. You must always stand with your face toward Zion, or toward the rising of the sun.
12. He who refuses a copy of this book, or who suppresses it or steals it, will be seized with eternal trembling like Cain, and the angels of god will depart from him.